Summer Clinic Information
The 2022 Hawkeye Drumline Summer Clinics will be held on campus: June 4, June 18, and June 25.
There is no cost to attend these clinics! The clinics are to help prepare prospective Drumline members for the Hawkeye Drumline audition on July 9.
Expectations for Clinics/Auditions
2) Memorize ALL music and technique packet. You must have a binder for these materials. If I have your email I will let you know when the website is updated with new music. Memorizing music is a part of being in the drumline. It is just like any other skill you learn, so you must practice it.
3) Feel free to email Nick Miller at email@example.com with any questions you may have!
What to have for the clinics
Please bring the fallowing:
- A practice pad
- A pencil
- A binder with printed music
- Water bottle
- Athletic clothing
If you do not have one of these items, please contact us ASAP and we will work with you to procure them..
How to prepare for the clinics
- Get good at the “easy” stuff!
- Practice efficiently. Spend your time in front of a mirror, with a metronome, on a drum (if possible)
- Eat well, exercise, and get your rest.
- Constantly be improving!
It is encouraged that music be memorized for the clinics, but all materials in the packets must be memorized for the audition. Music from the packets will be called during individual auditions (this includes Pregame, and the Series). There will also be a sight-reading excerpt.